Should I do lessons over the summer?? I recently wrote a note on Facebook why music lessons in the summer are important – thought I would share as the weather...
Should I do lessons over the summer??
I recently wrote a note on Facebook why music lessons in the summer are important – thought I would share as the weather warms up and we begin to make our summer plans 🙂
5 Great Reasons to Continue Taking Lessons over the Summer
- In terms of learning – extended times away from lessons and practice over the summer months can result in significant losses in skills and memory for many students. Remember when in school, how hard September and October were?
- It’s a great opportunity to start or continue lessons during the less busy summer months. Sadly during the school year, students often do not enough time to focus on practicing. A more relaxed personal schedule over the summer months allows students to focus more and commit to learning.Great opportunity to examinations and/or prepare for university.
- Often students who take the summer will lose interest and quit in September. This would be a waste of all the hard work they already had done.
- Summer offers more flexibly in scheduling private lessons and classes. As kids are out of school, morning and early afternoon lessons are popular choices for both teachers and students.
- It’s a great opportunity for stronger relationships between teacher, student(s), and parents. It’s a more relaxed environment so students can take longer lessons, more lessons in week etc. …. Opportunities for chat sessions to build a more focused plan for more musical growth.
Our Summer programs
Pop Star Academy
Monday 3:30 to 4:30 pm
July 6-27, 2015
– photo shoot
– one edited head shot
– YouTube video
– live performance (TBA)
Intro to Music
(3-5 year olds)
Monday 2:30 – 3:30 pm
July 6 to Aug 17 2015
-basic understanding of reading
-ready for private lessons in fall
Score Academy for Vocalists
Wednesday 2:30 to 3:30 pm
July 1-29 2015
– understand of scores: what to look for
– how to take your music and create your own interpretation
– styles studied: light opera, musical theatre, and pop
University Prep Course
Thursday 3:00 to 4:00 pm
July 2 – 30 2015
-be ready for that written entrance exam
basic music theory and history in a fun interactive
Plus private lessons
Group packages for private lessons (can be spreed between July and Aug)
Five sessions – 1 hour $180
Five sessions – 3/4 hour $135
Five Sessions – 1/2 hour $112.50